Monday, April 1, 2013

The Memento Every Couple Should Have

A friend sent me this article today and I could not agree more!  A few years ago I wrote a post called The Argument for Wedding Albums.  The article in at huffingtonpost.com echoes my exact sentiments:


"Today, a lot of couples think just getting the disc of images is 'good enough.' Here's the problem with that thinking: it's not true. Not by a long shot....

But of all the things you spend money on for your wedding, your wedding photographs are the ONLY thing that will increase in value over time. As the years pass, you'll be more and more glad that you have them. Especially, if you can experience looking through them by flipping through a gorgeous custom-designed album instead of sitting in front of your computer and clicking "next" with your mouse.


So, figure out a way to make it happen. Figure out a way to afford that album. Forgo a centerpiece. Cut back on your guest list. Opt out of the vintage car you'll drive in for all of 20 minutes.


Don't just do it for you. Do it for your children. Do it for your grandchildren. Because when they root around in your attic in 2075, they will have no idea what do with a USB key anymore than they would with a laser disc player." Kathleen Trenske, huffingtonpost.com



Figure out a way to get the album, you won't regret it.  Even if you wait five or ten years to have it made, it's never too late!  I love it when people contact me while pregnant with their first baby because they know it's an heirloom they'll want to pass on.

Kathleen writes, "My parents have exactly 18 professional images from their wedding. Eighteen. I know them inside and out. I could describe each image to you so well that a sketch artist would be able to recreate them.  How do I know them so well? Because I've looked at them hundreds of times. I've looked at them hundreds of times because they were on display, in an album. An album that was made by a professional, filled with prints made through a professional lab and bound in a book available only to professionals."

I can certainly relate to that!  I love looking through my parents' wedding album and even my grandparents' album.  But it's not just important for the future generations.  It's a priceless reminder of the excitement, love and vows you and your spouse shared that day.  And in my opinion, those are things you'll want to revisit and relive and recommit to every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment